Endless debate: monitor + sub vs floorstanding

Have made a simple system with Peachtree Inova and Proac Sig 8 Tablettes on sand filled stands. Lovely sound I am quite pleased with though I'm considering either supplementing my beloved Tablettes with a sub bass (most likely the new Rel T5) OR grabbing a pair of full range floorstanders (likely used Proac as well).

Any thoughts on the relative merits of the two setups in terms of expression, detail, dynamic spectrum, musicality and also flexibility? Intuitively, it seems I may have more opportunities to play with and fine-tune the experience using Tabletttes plus sub.

I realize there is probably no perfect answer here. Unfortunately, my opportunities for a good side by side listening comparison of the two systems is pretty much nil.
marburg
After trying a few different locations, my REL Q150E (ebay $150 last year...lucky score) ended up in a smallish corner created by a fireplace (fake) firing forward behind my left speaker. I put an angled Speakon plug on the signal cable and use an angled IEC ac cable so it fits back there nicely without cable squashing. The room has a very good sound at my "sweet spot" and the crossover is set at around 50hz or a bit under...my mains are Silverline Preludes that don't do much under 50hz, but their bass is nice and fast (four 3.75" metal mid/woofers) and they integrate amazingly well with the REL. I put a "chicken head" knob on the volume pot of the REL so I can adjust it readily if need be. All it needs is a couple clicks up or down sometimes depending on the source and how I feel about it.

Marburg,

I do believe that your "hungry timber wolf" post of 4/8 may be the new champion in the long running Audiogon "most colorful language" contest. IMHO, it would displace the (hotly debated) use of the word "cudgel" (as a verb) by Jax2 from some years back.

Congrats.

Marty
Marburg combines florid with lurid and "I like it, it's good" (Robbie Robertson), I concur, and celebrate the lack of mirth control.
YOU LISTEN to justin bieber? I now no it is time to stop reading these postings. I can deal with reading the miss informed posters, but I draw the line at justin bieber!
Subs , well OK . Mine is 6' off the floor , built into the front wall , dead center , 18", crossed over at 40Hz , power by a bridged Luxman amp . With my speakers it's only needed for movies and pyrotechnics .