Anyone remember the lateral tracking Bang and Olufsen record player from the 80’s??

I remember going to my local HiFi Buys in the 80’s, and they were demoing a Bang and Olufsen laterally tracking record player. The stylist arm was straight, and followed the record grooves, moving left to right. He started banging hard with his fist on it, and the needle refused to jump!! I was REALLY impressed! I also wonder why there are not any lateral tracking LP players today? It made sense, the needle was always tracking straight In the groove, as it played the LP. Not curving slightly as it gets past the middle of playing the LP, as conventional record players have the stylist arm on a corner. So, the needle slightly turns inward as the record plays. No idea how he was able to bang on it while it was playing, and the needle didn’t skip. I was truly impressed! Maybe they do make players like this still, I’ve just not seen them. B&O really made/makes some really cool stuff!! And great designs. IMO.
  Another audio product for the 80’s that blew me away was the: Nakamitchi Dragon cassette player!! WOW! What a stunning design! Wish I’d bought one back in the day!! Of course, try to find an audio cassette to play in it today! My sister’s teenagers had no idea what a cassette was, when I showed them one. I think very young kids today won’t recognize a CD disk! Forget about LP’s or 45’s.   Any of you remember a stunning audio piece, from the past, that blew you away? I was also thinking of reel to reel audio players as well. Man, they sounded SO good!! SO expensive today!   Thank god for music! Can’t watch the news without my BP spiking! And so little to do, everyone scared to meet in person. Too much free-time. Music keeps me sane. Crazy times we live in!
savroof
@glupson: I'm scratching my head! I will try searching on eBay for replacement belts. That's probably the only things needed to get your TT working!
roberjerman,

It is an LT-30 that I found together with newish-looking Van Morrison Moondance record in it. Cosmetically as good as they get, cover included. It rotates, everything that I could see lights up, etc., but arm does not move. I opened as much as I could without doing some bigger work and found what I think used to be belts. It could have been a chewing gum for all I know. It was a few years ago and I had virtually forgotten I own it. Unless the previous owner comes to claim it. It was next to the garbage. This thread reminded me of it.
Soundsmith makes excellent cartridges for the B and O tables.
i have a TX in my Vintage room
you can also have SoundSmith go thru your B and O table.
The B&O players back then were cool to look at but had a bad reputation for reliability. I knew 2 friends with them and they got an extra identical player later on just for parts. The other bad thing about B&O tables were the restriction of cartridges you could use. If you look at other forums today, most people will tell you to stay away from them.
I have had 2 really nice R2R decks the last 15 years, the Otari 5050BL with 15ips, fully balanced deck with 10" reels, and a pioneer 900 series 10" reel deck. Couldn't find reasonable sources of new tapes that weren't expensive and the prerecorded tapes (except for the tape library tapes for $350-$400 each) sounded terrible. I was going to record all my vinyl to tape and I thought why am I doing this, just play the record.
Sold both for a hefty profit because good decks still keep going up. I could get another $600 for the Otari if I would have kept it