Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
My entire room and gear cost???? Under 12K

Here was my total, with cables, C22, a pair of MC240s, two hand made TT, and about 1500.00 in some Strathearn / GB / Misco speakers...
6200.00 in permit, concrete, materials and I did most of the building..

6200.00  (1986) The room 16 x 20 x 8
5100.00  (1976) My gear..

Total under 12K.. What would it cost today?

6 to12K for cables alone??? Holy cow, in my little world, that kind $$$$ built the whole sha-bang...

If I did now, 35-40K and no speakers...another 5-7k if I build them.
30,000.00 for 4 hardwood, MDF rubber lined cabinets. Good cabinet guy.
Not speaker guy... and 4,000.00 for all the drivers and XO stuff.

Little under 80K, still no cables... LOL

Now time to go feed the chickens... Goat ate my hat, while I was gone...
That was my fave..... That was my dancin’ hat...

McOlay! Come on dog.... Dogs Irish, like me....

Where’s my bagpipes...

Regards...
Post removed 
Is there a difference, sure there is. But as with most equipment, the amount of improve is incremental as price goes up. I do believe that the cable industry ( and their associated gear) is the highest profit item in audio land are they too much, yes they are. But if you have the money, like what you hear, and can afford it, why should anyone else care two squats worth. It’s like you’re a bad personality, and an idiot because you can afford it. They talk science, and prove, yet when something is proven, they move onto another point, not willing to concede the point on the proven one. And who are they to tell you that what you hear is a hallucination. Why are they so resistant to your personal happiness? It almost seems as if they are trying to justify not spending on yet another piece of equipment. I’ve seven seen some who demean cables between equipment, yet extoll the use of high end end bran wiring used inside a piece of equipment. Hypocrisy at its best. I guess since we cannot prove love through science, it dosnt not exist. How do you prove with science, how a piece of music moves someone’s emotions. It’s simple. Observation. Unless the human race Islas been prone to lying about the subjects for thousand of years, then I’d be willing to believe when someone hears a difference in cables. 
Normally, I give um, first time having one, live and learn... ;-)

Keep on livin’ sure make it easier to keep on learning. LOL.

Last...Me and that dog been having a great ol time. The hat eatin’ goat though... Were gonna have to have a talk...

Really I do feel good, better than I have in a while... Modern meds are a wonderful thing... Truely, must be made of gold though....

I’m frugal.. not cheap, but man oh man...LOL. I was gonna see if the pharmacist would do a rock, paper, scissor, for a double of nothing... I don’t gamble.. LOL

Thanks though,

Upgrading the sound in a CES room is like painting a turd.

Hee Hee, Man oh man do I agree with that one...
It always amazed me... They are trying to sell something, I think???
Then go out of their way to say how it would sound for you?
But it sounds bad there, Huh!!! duno...

Regards...
speedbump6,

What I find laughable is the extolling that every successive generation of more expensive cable is so much better than the last generation, when they can't even quantify, at any level, what the last generation did so well to make it "great". Knowing that every amplifier, every pre-amp, every speaker has a different input and output transfer function, it's a given that the ideal cable (if there is one), will be different all the time, and the newest, latest, greatest is unlikely to be any more optimum than the last one.

If you don't know what you actually did well in the last generation, since you can't actually quantify, or even really communicate other than hand-waving, what you are doing well now, how do you know you did better on the next generation and you didn't screw up everything else.  I know the usual "we tested it with our ears" will be thrown out, but unless you're testing thousands of combinations of equipment  (and some of these companies have barely a multi-meter, let alone racks and racks of components to mix and match, how do they know other than in their one or two reference systems it will help other systems, again given they don't even seem to know how they work?