Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
@erik_squires +1! 

Of COURSE cables make a difference, always did - the question is HOW MUCH?!? 
$6000? - $12000??
Even when occupying the right income group, is seriously beyond my comprehension.
Even if they'd be made of solid Au - and assembled by Aeolian virgins, in a higher earthly orbit 💫 - or some such. 🤑

Your explanation really sounds jolly much off the wall. Seriously. 

Best be holding my tongue now... 🤫
Michélle 🇿🇦 

Cables "assembled by Aeolian virgins"?              If I'm paying big money, I want cables made by someone with much experience!!
Morrow A3 interconnect for example are good and makes a difference for the price for me....

But like just say someone else here, cables rarely makes the difference their big price sometimes promise....

I dont know why this subject is not only controversial but all around all time....

Embedding rightly an audio system exceed even most of the times the impact of upgrading the speakers or the dac or the amplifier and sometimes exceed even the changes of these three E.C. ... I am an old rambler but it seems almost nobody knows that in my experience here, then they argue endlessly about cables.... :)

« A new cable make a big difference between my wife and me» -Groucho Marx
“I dont know why this subject is not only controversial but all around all time....”

Because there are so many pseudo claims in the name of science behind a simple copper or silver wire to transform your audio system.
Hi,
they do,
do they justify the astronomic costs required?
Cables and cartridges are more difficult to do unless you have the gear to prove it, then, you pay you get, simple.