Buying a new TT today

So I’m pretty hellbent on buying a new TT today! Or should I be?!?!? 
I started off kind of sour on vinyl several years back when I ignorantly bought a cheap TT that had a built in phono stage.... Talk about a disappointment! And a buzz kill for vinyl!
Anyway a year or so later I bought a Project Carbon Debut and it blew my mind!!!!  The step up in most aspects of the TT, carbon fiber tone arm/heavier plinth/much heavier platter/motor and remote position/better cartridge in a Ortofon m2red, along with the fact the it was now running through my Integrated’s Phono Stage was just such a leap in sound that I never expected, that now I’m looking for yet another leap like that again lol
Anyway, with pocket flush with cash and headed to two hi-fi shops I pause....
In my new price range, $2,000 or so, should I be looking for a new TT? Or a new cartridge for the TT I have ?
thoughts.
264win
Good luck and enjoy going down the rabbit hole and remember, the salesman will always try to get you to spend more as there is always something better. My guy turned an arm wire upgrade into an arm, then the whole table. Previously, my cartridge was the best part of my system, and now I think it is well matched. That’s what you want.

once you get into upgraditis with entry level vinyl you have to play the long game or you won’t know whether you are coming or going. and it drives you nuts (more nuts).....as you go in circles (rotate). hard to gauge baby steps with each step dependant on all the other pieces of the chain.

there are plateaus that make sense to reach.

so predict where you are going and go there. or open 15 more of these threads and drive us all crazy.

or just enjoy whatever process makes you happy.

Something from the Rega range ideally the P 10-Whatever your budget allows in the Rega Range.Its an easy way to get a good combination from the get go.
Like @Dekay says, the Red can be upgraded to the Blue equivalent with just the stylus.  Under$200. On the Project I have, the improvement was immediate.   No break in,  or 50 hours, or convincing myself.  Would $2000 in a new system beat that?  I hope and expect it would.  Thanks for asking this as I am exactly "there" too.
For $2k I suggest an Mofi Ultradeck.  Designed collaboration from establish audio designers/manufacturers.  Many great reviews.  If you can stretch to $2.5k,  buy their combo turntable/cartridge deal and save $300 off the Master Tracker cartridge - also very good reviews.