Is it really worth it to get a phono stage over $10k

Vinyl has been a steep learning curve. I have, I think, a nice John Curl phono boards built into my Audible Illusions M3B. I am considering getting the new AI PH-1 $11.5 phono stage. Art Ferris at AI  says that this two box unit, also designed by John Curl, is no compromise able to match or beat the best available. Curl did design the two Constellation PS-Andromeda and Perseus. I wonder if the $35k Perseus puts a lot of $ into the beautiful chassis and unnecessary bell and whistles? AI does have a long lived reputation for value and quality. In addition to the outboard phono stage I will have to get a really good interconnect which will add a lot. My analog rig is super good. Surely the best I have ever had. Woodsong Garrard 301, Ortophon 309 arm, Myajima Shalabi. It has me going a bit nuts in upgrading. $33k Tetra speakers, $7k Stealth speaker cable, $4k Stealth phono cable, amp-to be decided. The main question is whether an expensive our board phono stage is the way to go.
mglik
And, even though some question the cosmetics of Zesto Audio, I think they are, by far, the most beautiful components ever! Big WAF...
George Counnas’s wife Carolyn does the industrial design for Zesto......very nice lady. always enjoy their rooms, and seeing them at shows.

i like their gear too, it’s maybe a bit ’tubey’ sounding for me, if only a bit. that's for my particular system.
I love “tubey”! Think I have answered my own question.I heard the Andros in the Zesto room at RMAF and, to me, it was the best sound at the show. And the system was not expensive. Don’t remember the front end and the amp but the speakers were the $3.5k Fritz with the berillium tweeters. Shout out to Fritz.
The sound was delicious. I went back at the day’s end to have wine and cheese and luxuriate in the sound. Aside from the price difference, I clearly am a SET guy and think I may be able to match a great SS amp with good headroom and still enjoy the joys of tubes with a Zesto! I do so enjoy the wonderfully educational experience of participating in the Forum!
The Soundsmith Strain Gauge should be considered a strong contender in the $10k range. Read the reviews and threads. For $8k you get a cartridge that many say goes head to head with the very finest cartridges- and that is when the $10k+ cartridges are used with $10k+ phono stages. The SG is a complete system that eliminates the need for a phono stage.  

The SG also offers an upgrade path with several different options for aftermarket power supplies. With these the SG is said to perform at the level of some of the worlds finest cost no object phono stages. 

Lastly, unlike all the other options at this level the SG is so far as I know unique in the stylus being very affordable and even user-replaceable if a spare is ordered with the cartridge. Even if ordered later replacements are still very reasonable, you just have to send the cart back as Peter matches the stylus to each individual cartridge.

My analog rig is super good. Surely the best I have ever had. Woodsong Garrard 301, Ortophon 309 arm, Myajima Shalabi.

Why not upgrade your cartridge first ? After Shilabe Miyajima released Kansui and Madake. Before you will change a phono stage you could upgrade your Shilabe at least to Kansui, everyone who owned Shilabe and Kansui quickly realized which one is better.