To all that has a Theta Miles CD player

I’ve noticed lately that my Miles is skipping the first note or music measure on about every third song. It’s not consistent, but it’s still there. Since I’m using it as only a transport, it has to be the optics system.  Has anyone else experienced this?
handymann
This laser is getting unobtainable, get a new one quick before they disappear
It uses the PEA1343 laser, and if your name is anything to go by, you should be able to swap it out, they are not that hard for the mechanically minded
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=PEA1343&_sacat=0

Cheers George
handymann
If you enjoy the sound of this Theta player, go ahead and replace the Laser.
Happy Listening!
2nd Note;
it may be a wise investment to purchase a back-up player for other critical parts.
Happy Listening!

I have a Theta Miles CD player that continues to perform well, and like a few folks, have tried to replace it a few times with various players and find myself right back where I started with the Theta. Realizing it's 20 yrs old, I'm wondering if its time for service of some sort, but I don't know what that would include. Does anyone have any insights into what might be involved or needed to keep this thing going? 

Thanks in advance!! 

Secure a replacement laser, even if it means buying a second unit.  This may be your best insurance policy.