Bob Dylan - new album just out on Tidal - Rough and Rowdy Ways

Just a heads up. Bob’s new album is out on Tidal today. Just finished my first listen - I am a big fan of Bob Dylan - I consider him the Poet of my generation - at 79 his lyrics tell beautiful stories - IMO. Enjoy the music.

Happy Listening!
tom8999
Sure Elvis went Hollywood and then Vegas which removed some of the hillbilly from rock, but you can't really say it died unless you make some sort of artificial barrier between country and folk music.  Folk music covers a wide range of styles and most white, American rockers started out as folk singers in the late 50s thru 60s.  Even the future psychedelic bands in San Francisco (The Dead, Airplane, Quicksilver, etc.) had strong folk roots.  And let's not forget the whole Bakersfield Sound which contributed that country swinging tonk thing.  If you listen to the critics rock 'n' roll has more sub-genres that western classical music (1600-1905).  It's not true.  If it has a back beat and is played with a certain attitude, then it's probably rock.
Gentlemen - and I use this term loosely - thank you for a wonderful walk thru the history of ‘our music’ over the last 60 years! Bob is the only song writer to get the Nobel Prize for literature - quite an exclusive club - as far as I am concerned. At 79 - he can write whatever the hell he wants and he can back it up with whatever music he sees to be correct.

He is a national treasure - thank you all for your input. This is why we all spend so much time and energy into our ‘Systems’.

Enjoy the music - 
@bdp24 ,

"The Houston Kid" is definitely a classic album and Rodney has been on an artistic tear.  His songwriting has been at the highest level and the music he makes is as good as anyone is doing these days.  I hope people check him out.  I think they'd be glad they did.