PS Direct Stream Vs. Wyred 4 Sound Dac.

PS Direct Stream Vs. Wyred 4 Sound Dac.
Both of these Dac’s claim to be world beaters. I own the PS Dac but I wonder how the Wyred 4 Sound Dac compares.
Has anyone had any experience with these 2 Dac’s or point me in the direction of a review comparing them?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
I tested the PS Direct Steam running Torrey and a W4S DAC-2v2SE. They were very close - casually listening it may be hard to tell the difference. I did keep the W4S because I thought the decay of the instruments sounded more natural. I wouldn't think you'd be disappoineted with either one
verdantaudio,
Bummer that the Dave only goes to 96hz with the AES input.

cymbop,
Yes, the Direct Stream with the latest Windom firmware is pretty impressive, thanks for your help.

jaytor,
Thanks for your info. I remember the Levinston 39. As I recall it received some mighty high praise at the time.

elrod,
The latest Windom firmware is way better than Torrey.
____________________________________________________________________________________

My main reason for looking at another Dac is because the PS will only do 24/192 via usb instead of my preferred AES connection.

And, PS audio promised a fix about 2 years ago (on their PS Forum) so that the AES could be used with 24/192hz files. Paul and Ted claimed it was a future upgrade and could easily be done. It was just lip service by Paul and Ted to show on their forum that they were concerned and able to make changes easily with their system.

But PS never attempted it. I get it if it can’t be done but publicly they made it seem as if it was doable.
In the end they banned me from their forum.

ozzy

jackd,

Thanks. Looks pretty interesting.  How much does the unit retail for?

ozzy