PS Direct Stream Vs. Wyred 4 Sound Dac.

PS Direct Stream Vs. Wyred 4 Sound Dac.
Both of these Dac’s claim to be world beaters. I own the PS Dac but I wonder how the Wyred 4 Sound Dac compares.
Has anyone had any experience with these 2 Dac’s or point me in the direction of a review comparing them?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Ok, I’ll ask it another way.
Does anyone have experience with the Wyred 4 sound DAC-2v2SE 10th anniversary Dac?

ozzy
No but I have experience with the DAC2DSDSE and I found it very forward sounding, just like the DAC1 which I sold to get the newer one.  They use one of the ESS Pro chips which I think results in its forward ness. The PS Audio use  a field programmable gate array setup which is much more neutral sounding and which I like much better   The PS Audio is much more smoother sounding to me. 
Chip DAC vs. FPGA.  I prefer FPGA.  

With PS Audio it depends on the OS you are running but in general the PS Audio unit sounds better.  I had the DSD with Bridge II until I became a Chord Dealer.  Admittedly pricier, I would take a TT2 with an M-Scaler over the DSD any day as you know what it is going to sound like.  THe OS with PS Audio changes the sound so much.  Ultimately the DAVE kills them all and a Dave with M-, but not in the same price range unless you are considering used one vs new PS Audio.   

The Wyred is great.  Not sure it is in any way better than Benchmark or Mytek but it is a great unit and well priced.