What integrated should I upgrade to?

Hi folks,

Firstly, my apologies for yet another "what should I" post.  But I'd like to seek the advice of my Audiogon brethren.  

Currently, in my second system used mostly for TV viewing, I have a pair of Wharfedale Reva 3 floorstanding loudspeakers, a Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amp / DAC and an Auralic Aries Mini streamer.  Wired with transparent Music Link / Wave cables and Shunyata Hydra Talos conditioner and Voodoo Fire power cable to the CXA80.  

I've been itching to upgrade the integrated amp, as I figure it is what's holding things back from a resolution standpoint.  I moved a better DAC (PS Audio Direct Stream Junior) to the second system and it didn't make a discernible difference given the existing gear.  I then moved the Reva 3's up to my reference system and plugged them in and they sounded wonderful!  I've got a Luxman 590axII integrated in that system with the PS Audio Direct Stream Junior DAC.  The power foundation is nearly the same; using Shunyata Denali there.  

So it leads me to conclude that the CXA80 needs upgrading.  

I have been considering a nice used Luxman 550ax or trying the new PS Audio Strata integrated.  I kinda know what to expect with the Luxman.  The PS Audio would be a greater unknown, but has the nicety of everything in one box: DAC, Preamp, amp and streamer.  The money outlay will be more for the Luxman, but not a huge difference.  It will be used rather than new.  Though, I would need a cheapy DAC just to accept the optical from the TV.  

Thoughts on this?  
jasonsim
+1 on Hegal 
+1 on tubes...I have PrimaLuna HP but there are lot's of good choices. 
I heard an Anthem str integrated amplifier. Hot dang! 
PS Audio also excellent choice.
But have you driven tubes lately?
If you are on budget the Luxman for sure otherwise a used Gryphon Diablo 300.Hegel is midfi compared to Luxman and Gryphon.
Hegel seems to have many supporters. I find their build quality mediocre for the price they are asking. The volume control is very poor, nearly impossible to adjust the level in smaller increments.

You may want to consider an AVM integrated. I have a A6.2, I can confirm the rave reviews.
jasonsim,

I’d also suggest checking out tube amps if you’re looking for something different.

Interesting conundrum.

"as I figure it is what’s holding things back from a resolution standpoint. I moved a better DAC (PS Audio Direct Stream Junior) to the second system and it didn’t make a discernible difference given the existing gear."

So far self explanatory. Why would a DAC make any difference? Don’t they all sound virtually similar?

But then comes this,

"I then moved the Reva 3’s up to my reference system and plugged them in and they sounded wonderful!"

Now this suggests that the Arcam amp could have a fault or maybe faulty wiring?

"So it leads me to conclude that the CXA80 needs upgrading." 

Not necessarily, unless it has fault of course. 

All of the Arcam amplifiers I’ve heard, the 7pre/power and the 10 have never sounded less than fabulous.

So to avoid disappointment, before doing anything else I’d suggest switching just the Luxman down into the second system, and seeing if the result is still the same. Just to be certain you could also try the Arcam in your first system.

Should be an interesting and useful experiment for the long term.