Female Vocals - Nora Jones new album - Pick Me Off The Floor

Nora just released a new album -Pick Me Up Off The Floor - if you are into vocals please listen to this album ! Her vocals are amazing thru my Maggie 1.7 is. The recording is clean and crisp. Cymbals are amazing, vocals touch my soul! Base line is solid. Another gift via MQA thru my LUMIN T2. Dianna Krall has competition as my ‘Best Female Vocalist’ IMHO !

Happy Listening!
Tom8999
tom8999
Tomcy6 - you are welcome. I have been a Nora Jones fan for years - all of her albums have not been great - but this one has really struck me as exceptional. It is one thing to ‘do the jazz standards well’, but to me to write your own music and put a team together to create such a well layered recording (piano, bass, strings, backup vocals) is quite an accomplishment.

i am on my third listen and I am still hearing more detail!

Gosta - thanks for the tip on Victoria Tolstoy - I will check her out - 

Happy Listening!
I don't follow Norah closely, so maybe this isn't new, but this album sounds like a more mature artist to me.
I'm actually not very impressed with Norah's latest album. Heard someone above say this is 'layered' jazz arrangements. That's the thing that this album is not. It sounds like a group got together one lazy afternoon and tinkered with whatever was in the room. Lifeless, self-similar tunes.. NJ has done a lot better. To each their own I suppose.