How to add depth for classical music

While listening to classical music, especially the orchestral pieces (e.g. Beethoven Piano/Violin Concertos, Symphonies), I find that my system is not giving me the depth, such as layers of instruments etc.   My listening environment is not ideal.  I have hard wood floor and tray ceiling.  On one side, I have windows and on the other side, I have a long corridor.  

Here's my system:
  • Parasound P5 & A23
  • Sonus Faber Venere 3.0
  • Bluesound Node2i
  • Chord Qutest

Would a new preamp/amp or integrated amp help?   I've auditioned Moon (SimAudio) 340iX and thought it's more opened than my Parasound.   But for some strange reason, I didn't really like the sound.   Maybe I need to audition again.  

Would room treatment help?  But my options are limited because of my room.

Love to hear your thoughts.
pc_audio
mix of diffusion and absorption for back wall, ceiling and window on left. a carpet is a must. other then that I really dont think your equipment is the cause of your lack of depth. Try placing speaker further into the room and farther apart. play with toe in. these physical adjustments and additions to room will make most difference, as would changing speaker to one with a wider and more even horizontal dispersion. speakers with wider horizontal dispersion have been tested to sound better with properties of proper stereo imaging and depth.
+1 d2girls.  You don't need different gear, you need better room treatment.

Imaging issues are usually in the plane as necessary room treatment.  So, if you are missing depth, the problems are going to be behind the speakers, and behind you.

Talk to GIK acoustics, they give great advice, reasonable prices and effective products.
Agreed with two posts above me regarding room treatments...but I think you may also want to consider a single (or pair) of subs.  Your speakers only go down to 38Hz and that's likely limiting the depth of sound stage and layering that you seek.  So treat the room first, then listen.  Then consider subs if you want to take it to the next level.