New Linear Parasound Halo JC1+ monoblocks, an even more improved new John Curl design

The good old linear Halo JC1’s monoblocks were released 2003 and were one of the best and could drive anything without a sweat, even the Wilson Alexia with 0.9ohm loading.
These new linear JC1+ monoblocks have some very good improvements, and even better drive ability than the old.
At $17k not exactly cheap, but probably better than any others amp around that pricing.
Enjoy.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/parasound-halo-jc-1-monoblock-power-amplifier-0

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I have a pair of the Zillas (from Walter) in house right now. Very good amps. Apparently Bongiorno was better than Curl back in the day on amps, the reverse for preamps. They are arc welders.

That said, I am curious on the JC1+ as in JA's latest Classe review he said the + is the more tube like amplifier. I don't think the original JC1 was known to be particularly tube like. Problem is $17k for amps built in Taiwan is a struggle for me when the originals were half that.

Not knowing this amp because of lack test measurements, the best thing I think Bongiorno did was the old Sumo Nine and later Nine-Plus ss circlotron type Class-A amps.(needed the input opamp changed to something better, also the output transistors all 20 of them if you wanted to go all out) 
https://6moons.com/audioreviews/thorens/sumo.gif

No independent testing done on The Ampzilla 2000, yes the manufacturer gives the 8ohm-300w and 4ohm-540w, but no 2ohm figures.
I've said this before a few times now, it's fine to say an amp is "stable" into 2ohms, it does not mean it can "drive" it, just means it won't oscillate and blow up.
But so is a little 1980's Nad 3020 30w integrated stable into 2ohms, but that doesn't mean it can "drive" 2ohms.

This is what counts, for "driving" 2ohms. (almost doubling wattage) Independent test on 8 4 and 2ohms  from the original Parasound Halo JC1 Stereophile.

all at 0.15%
450W into 8 ohms
850W into 4 ohms
1300W into 2 ohms  

Halo JC1 is a current powerhouse 1khz dynamic tone bursts, it can do
586.5W - 8ohm  
1154W - 4 ohms 
2255W - 2 ohms!!
and no less than 4200W into 1 ohm!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what you call able to "drive" 2ohms and be stable!

Cheers George  

I've owned the JC1+ monos for a few months driving my Wilson Sasha 1 loudspeakers.  They pair very nicely with my ARC Ref 6 preamp.
They replaced my Levinson 33H monos.  Very dynamic and extremely
quiet.  Seemingly unlimited  power reserves.  They also do not generate as much heat as the Levinsons and are about half the weight to boot!   Very happy with the move.   
vmk

The ML 33H’s were a good wattage doubler, and should drive even the Wilson Alexia’s 0.9ohm without stress being able to do:
300w-8ohms
500w-40hms
900w-2ohms
I think it would have more come down to the character sound of the amp you liked. Do you listen to the Halo JC1’s in "high bias mode"??? As they definitely sound their best to me in that, as in low bias to me they sound a touch dry, but then you feed them with a tube pre.

All the big early ML’s I’ve heard and worked on, have a dark’ish sound and a little soft in put you through the wall dynamics.
Save for one, the mighty ML2 monoblocks, but they are only 25w Class-A total. But 50w-4ohms 100w-2ohms 400w-1ohm still able to drive the Alexia’s to a certain volume effortlessly.

Cheers George
George,
     I use the amps in high bias mode but the lower gain setting that seems to match my preamp better.   I've upgraded the stock power cords with Shunyata Alpha NR cables to nice effect.
             All the best!