Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I’m guessing you meant un-equalized CS 1.2’s?
Checking the eq is a good suggestion. I’ve never had a problem with mine, but in the last 30 years there have been some reports of eq issues. Your available power is just about the minimum suggested for the 3.5’s, but it is a small (and not ideally proportioned) room, and that might the reason for the limited bass response. I’ll hazard a guess and say the 40 Hz setting will probably work better in your room.
Thanks for the suggestions. I know the eq has been recently recapped so I suspect it is operating properly. Although I’ve never really used an equalizer I do currently have one ( other than the Thiel one) in my system - see my virtual system under ‘Frankm1’s (mostly) vintage system’. I’ll try the 40 setting for a while and try some different source material. 
Frank - your description suggests the EQ is not working. I suggest getting a test recording. In your room, the deep bass should be big and boomy, and the woofer and midrange should visibly pump much harder than without the EQ.
I’m in the process of acquiring a test cd so I can better identify just what is going on with the bass. Will keep everyone posted.