Qobuz or Tidal?

Qobuz or Tidal? And why?

Aurender, good DAC, no MQA. US.
jaybe
I have both.   Tidal since 2014 and Qobuz since November.
That being said, if I had to choose one over the other, I’d pick Qobuz.  (1) to my ears feel that the SQ is just a smidge better.  (2) Have nothing against MQA, but all things being equal, prefer ability to stream and play hi res files in native fashion.   (3) At $150 a year, Qobuz is a little bit more cost effective.

Can’t really go wrong with either pick, and Roon supports both of them.
I believe they both offer free trials. I prefer the sound of Qobuz hi res over Tidal, but I’m sure there’s others who feel the opposite. Also, a lot will depend on your listening tastes and which service has the best selection for your tastes.
They're essentially neck and neck.  I choose Qobuz because I like the warmer frequency balance and its pretty good selection of classical music but your mileage may vary.  Try 'em both.  Putting it another way, I'm glad Qobuz exists, but if it didn't I'd be living happily with Tidal.
I had both Tidal and Qobuz and eventually switched to Qobuz only. I like their hi-res content and other options.

I find the sound quality on the Qobuz 24/96 and 24/192 coded albums excellent and better sounding than Tidal’s MQA coded albums. You can aways search for #hi-res and it displays the hi-res albums. Or, search on #hi-res jazz.

The Qobuz catalog does not contain everything I want but I can always find something similar. I recently discovered Qobuz playlists and they are excellent. On my Aurender N10, I go to Qobuz, playlist and search for classical, jazz, blues, etc. Once I find something I like, I can make it a favorite playlist so I can easily find it the next time. Qobuz also easily lets you build you own playlists.

Qobuz has tabs for new releases, media picks, Qobuz picks, etc. and these help me find albums I am interested in. Qobuz offers other selection options for finding albums. They have a music genre list that is very helpful.

Qobuz Customer Support has been excellent for me. I email them and they usually respond within 24 hours.