It was 20 years ago today...

...that I joined the Audiogon community. Cheers to those that have just hit the big two oh, those that are about to, and the new members just starting the journey to connect in even better ways with the music that they love.

And my thoughts are with those that have left us and passed on. Patrick, I really miss you.
128x128viridian
I don’t know how I found Audiogon But it was around 10 years ago for me.  I was active for a year or two then priorities shifted.  Interestingly, I was still into audio, just not audiogon.  I remember this place as having many knowledgable people and everyone was polite for the most part.  Many of those people aren’t contributing anymore; it’s kind of sad.

I learned everything I know from those people though.  I also remember not knowing what a dac was but I knew ghat I needed one in order to make my stereo sound better, lol.

I’ve been wondering if joining Audiogon insider would be good.  Are those private forums? Seems like there are many people who’ve been into the hobby for 6months to a year and they speak like they have been around for 20-30 years. That combined with quite a bit of negativity is really off putting.

Anyhow, not to rain on the parade! Congratulations to everyone here who’s been around for 20 years, or close to it 👍
Congrats Viridian, for 20 years on the Gon!

my 20 year anniversary registration date is in 8 months, Feb 2001. i did lurk for a couple years prior in 1999 and 2000..
Congrats Viridian!I've been here since 1999 when I bought my first computer:-)
Mike, I don’t know if you remember, but several years back you were so gracious to host the Portland contingent lead by Jim Howard, another great friend no longer with us, and the indefatigable Colby Lamb, who is very much, still with us.

Thank you for your hospitality, I would love to visit with you again some day. 
JD and Andy, you gents are amazing. Between the two of you 13 posts in 44 years, thanks for weighing in and still being around.

And it’s great to hear from all of those that joined the community ahead of me. You’re making me feel young....kind of.