Spendor D7 vs. Harbeth Super HL5+

Anyone who has heard both? Comparisons? I own the Harbeth. Curious about the difference with the Spendor. What brand and type of amp used. Thanks!
routeman21

I have sympathy for those who own the D series telling us they are not off putting or bright.

After all: I own Thiel speakers ;-)

But I can guarantee that no one listening to the Thiel 3.7 or 2.7s in my system would be putt off by "brightness."  They've converted more than one Thiel skeptic.

So I can see the Spendor D series being tamed, or working in some systems.

Still, in both encounters with the D7 they had that same hard, steely, off-putting character in the treble,  and when I heard the A series they also had a similar off-putting character in the highs.  But, horses for courses...
Hi @ddafoe ,

In contrast to professional reviewers like Art Dudley I get zero income from my masages on this forum :-)
If you a professional a reviewer you can’t afford yourself to criticize directly as I do.

Regards,
Alex.

I do question the presence of that "supertweeter" in the SHL5+, that isn't there in other Harbeth models.  I know the BBC model that it's based on had one too, but why?
Stereophile has reviewed both speakers, and ranks Spendor D7 as a class A speaker (the lowest price tower at time to get such a ranking), and ranks the Harbeth class B. 
FWIW.