What to buy?

Hi: I'm looking for a good pair of floor standing speakers but I don't know anything and I'm hoping for suggestions here.  I've been considering Martin Logan Electromotion, Goldenear Triton 3+ and Revel F35. I can raise about $2,000 in a month. The room is 20 x 20, the music is mostly rock. The amp is an Emotiva XPR5 which has respectable power. I don't mind something good that's maybe been superseded, trailing edge, a floor model or demo - but something you can't argue with at the price.

Thanks - rev
revnice
Maggies and MLs difficult to beat for clean pure mids and highs. On some models a sub might be needed for deep, solid bass.
Do you play a musical instrument?  For piano and violin either Magnepans or Martin Logan electrostats seem to have the midrange on up better than cones.  
My suggestion, simply because this is what I have, Martin Logan Motion 40's. They have a newer model out now but I think you can still find the Motion 40's, new, at a reduced price that should come under $2k.

Mine were $2K when new.
GoldenEar Triton Five or Triton Seven (Triton Three+ $2,750.00/pair). Good-great sound.  Favorable reviews.  Designed by seasoned Sandy Grossman (just retired recently).

Tekton - an acquired look but the sound punches way above their price

As previously mentioned, at $2k there are a large number of speaker choices coupled with frequent new model changes and updates (unlike say a $30k speaker where you can narrow your search to less than a handful).  I suspect that us forum members can give you great choices, but is actually too small a sample of what is actually available.

As long as you've done your homework, I believe purchasing a $2k speaker without demo isn't too risky - you'll not get a bad speaker, rather, you'll get various shades of good-great.