Is VTA and SRA the same thing?

Hi Audiogoners.
I understand ther refer to Vertical Tracking Angle and Stylus Raking Angle.
What I would like to know is are they the same thing? I mean, every time we change the VTA, let say 1degree, then the SRA will change the same 1 degree?
Thanks,
Calvin
dangcaonguyen
Cleed, excellent geometry. If you think things sound better a little off parallel knock your self out. All my cartridges are have very small fine line styli. Moving off parallel only make things sound worse so I don't bother any more. It could be psychological as I have no way to AB it. There you are. Oh, I am a neurotic perfectionist. I is usually not a fun trait.
Guys. Jeesh. You move the arm up or down until your ears &/or electrical measurement system tell you that best results are obtained. Surely this academic squabble over definitions is meaningless in the practical domain!
Go to soundsmith.com
Mr Lederman answers all of your questions in both written and video formats your choice.

bent
Yeah Ledermann covers it all. He somehow manages the seemingly impossible feat of being even more long winded than me. He on the other hand is infinitely more interesting. And experienced.