Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
What an amazing thread guys.  Thanks to all who are posting such cool stuff.  I love to learn and am open minded (regardless of how I may come off when posting).

I have always loved CF and it's usage.  When Richard saw some walking sticks I own (I use a rollator for most of my walking), he noticed the same CF he uses for his drivers.  It's a very expensive and highly specialized CF that isn't as easy to use as most of the CF on the market.  

Materials matter as much as implementation.  Caps and inductors are next in line from what many designers have shared over the years.  Cool thread guys.  Thanks.
ctsooner

Good to see you again. Thank You for the kind words surrounding our thread.  It is never too late to convert on a pair of Thiel Audio loudspeakers.  Have fun in this hobby!

Happy Listening!
jafant 

You’re right in the thick of “Lawnguyland” in case you’ve noticed some of the local inflections. If the circumstances were different you could easily pop into places serving some decent Portuguese fare - there’s a couple within walking distance of the hospital you’re working in that I’ve been to meself. 

And thanks for that, by the way. 

You’re also near to one of the island’s major shopping districts 
Hi Jafant.  it's great to be posting a bit again.  Jim was a neat guy.  I was blessed to meet him a few times.  The local dealer was the biggest Theil fan.  he still owns a pair of the big ones.  I think he finally got rid of the new ones though.  They were a bit too hot for my ears in the 90's, but I realized later that was because they ran them with the wrong electronics.  I have heard them with the larger Mark Levinson mono's in the past and really enjoyed that.  They also looked nice.  Heck, I also liked the JSE sloped speakers back in the 90's too,  Hmmm. I own Vandy Quatro's that are nothing like a 'box' speaker cabinet either...trend????  ha 
Jafant...

You’re pretty much smack dab in the heart of central
Nassau County’s major shopping district.  Back in the day, within walking distance of where you’re working, there was Audio Exchange in the mall, a Crazy Eddie about three miles east of you, and a Rabson’s Audio as well if I’m not mistaken. 

And by the way, thanks for helping us “Lawnguylanders” out in the thick of all this. Much appreciated.  (The quotes kind of lend you some idea of how some of us speak. Or tawk, in case you haven’t put your finger on it.)

Under different circumstances you could easily walk to a couple of decent Portuguese restaurants nearby that I’ve been to meself. There’s also any number of decent pubs within minutes of where you are. I grew up in Long Beach -about 10 or so miles south of your current location. 

NYC is a 30 minute train ride west from Mineola, but unfortunately all the audio stores ain’t open. Yet. Ain’t much open ‘round those parts or my parts, for that matter. 

I’ve been consuming the hours by drawing, and listening to Qobuz like it’s going outta business. One of the coolest things about Qobuz is diving deep into the labels. (Each release contains the label info and once you click you’re in the catalogue.)  Kind of a trip down memory lane for those of us who could tell that Capitol vinyl had those orange/yellow swirls in the center. While they are a few things to nitpick about a few quirks in Qobuz, it by far exceeds iTunes. It stacks up pretty damn well in comparison to Tidal as well. 

I still have the Belles 250i integrated...