Covering a TV behind your speakers?

I just read on another site a guy asking what difference it would make covering his TV while playing music. His picture shows a decent system but it must be in the basement. It can't be more than 12' wide. No sound treatments to be seen. I'm going through a divorce and will have to move to a much smaller one person house. I've been lucky for 30 years having my expossed basement listening room, 20' x 24', naturally almost perfect as far as sound goes.  I have been reading here and other sites trying to learn about treatments. Never heard the TV thing before. A few people responded to the guy's post that they hang drapes over the TV. I would think since current TV screens are not glass but whatever they are made of now they wouldn't cause a problem. Looking forward hearing from the experts here.

golden210
https://www.theanalogdept.com/c_miller.htm
This was a long time ago. (2004) Small TV, far away, just a blanket, yet it made a difference. The bigger and closer the TV, and the better (more absorptive) the cover, the bigger the improvement. Mostly in terms of a more solid center image. Not a huge improvement, but worthwhile for the SQ obsessed among us.

You may be surprised to discover that the best improvement may not be made by covering/damping close to and directly in front of the TV screen, especially if the screen is not absolutely flush to the wall behind it.  Invest in a couple of these

https://www.gikacoustics.com/introducing-freestand-acoustic-panel/

and you can experiment with different symmetrical positionings in front of and to the sides of the screen.

Any flat surface no matter what it's composition will reflect sound.Experimenting with a few Rockwool panels from Home Depot is an inexpensive way to figure out what you need and where.Then decide to diy or go with professionally made treatments.
TVs do interfere with the sound in a number of ways. All electronic devices interfere with the sound whether they’re plugged in or not. Ditto for cell phones. Sorry to be so mysterioso. ‘Tis best to have a separate “home theater” room if you’re into the whole sound quality thing.
Curious, what have you found to be the measurable impact of a cell phone , or a plugged in tv while listening to your system?