What Do You Think . . . and How Does It Work?

While watching vids on YouTube, I came across this pipe speaker design from a Dr. Linkwitz (see below).   The sound of this speaker is said to be impressive.  I was wondering if you know about this, how it works and what you think of this speaker design.  Also, what do you think would be the best room placement for such a speaker, and would you be tempted to build them?

https://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm
bob540
Aluminum is actually one of your softer metals. Way down ⬇️ on the Mohs scale of hardness. 2.75 to be specific. It’s still an interesting material when thick, like 2-3”.
Here the thing though, cylinders, have an inherent characteristic to ECHO
and GAIN... not disappear, or blend like you want.. They're usually have pretty high mechanical distortion. Even with a lot of baffles..
Concrete pipe... ECHO, even long square tubes echo, and GAIN..
which is why im saying its not good. 

At the same thickness PVC is similar in strength to MDF

We are talking about the linkwitz pluto speakers. They are not concrete pipes. They are not 2 inch thick PVC. They are PVC pipes that are about 2mm thick. I dont want to hear any more excuses. Do you know how bendy 2mm thick PVC is? Theres nothing rigid about it 

Actually...

The PVC pipes used would have a minimum wall thickness that well exceeds 6mm.

DeKay
These PVC pipe speakers are all hearsay. NOBODY has done any comparisons to check if a $2 PVC pipe beats a $50k high end Wilson. 6mm is a joke. Even cheap box speakers use at least 15mm mdf. Do not be duped by this cheap PVC hogwash. 
" NOBODY has done any comparisons to check if a $2 PVC pipe beats a $50k high end Wilson."

Nobody is claiming that either.

But somebody is committing a straw man argument fallacy.

Duke