In the middle of a pandemic, Stereophile reviews ~ $30K equipment

While the world is in the middle of a major economic event, the last two pieces of gear posted by Stereophile to their online site average $30K a piece.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/aavik-acoustics-u-380-integrated-amplifier
https://www.stereophile.com/content/ta-mp-3100-hv-sacd-playerstreaming-dac

If this doesn't make you feel like you belong to their target audience I don't know what will.
erik_squires
erik_squires, in the middle of a world wide economic downturn, why is $3-6k for a single hi-fi component considered somehow reasonable?
What is the big problem? I enjoy reading reviews on equipment I could never afford. It is the same things with car magazines. This review was probably started in January.

@erik_squires , You bought an expensive Luxman recently before the pandemic, why is this different? I find reading the latest issue of Stereophile to be a good release from all the things going on right now.

Of course MC had to trash the reviewer, he couldn’t leave it alone. This is all par for the course. Then,  other ones chime in that you can get better for only a few thousand. Helloooo, rich people buy these things regardless of what people think here or elsewhere.  This can be an expensive hobby, if you don't realize it, perhaps collecting dryer lint would be a better hobby for some of us.
@millercarbon

I know of another clown who speaks with the eloquence and clarity of alphabet soup :) Wonder if the new meds will help?

Regarding the OP's question. I don't know. What is or is not "proper" to do during a time like this? Lets forget the quality of the gear for a minute, or their opinions of it for that matter. This is a question of appropriateness. Should the world stop completely? Should hobbies and interests be shut down along with everything else? My feeling is, that we need some kind of escape from the insanity that is seemingly all around us in so many different forms. I get that the optics are "complicated" given so many are struggling so much right now. So yes, I think its Ok to have reviews and articles about expensive and exclusive items, be they cars, homes, watches etc. We could all use a break from all the sadness right now.

erik, 
I would be sorely disappointed if I thought that you conceived this thread as anything other than tongue in cheek. Please, please assure me that you're only joking... No, never mind, you must be...right?
The people who they are appealing to are not affected in any way by the current economic crisis. 30k to them is like 30 to me. God bless them and may they stay healthy. My wife is a nurse and I can assure you that covid19 is not concerned with your portfolio.