Half the length, or double the quality?

I have a possible deal that will double the needed length of my speaker cable to 8’ from 4’. I think the new cable is about twice as good as my existing. I don’t want to cut and reterminate. Is this just a lateral move overall?
koestner
easier to sell an eight inch pair if you ever want to upgrade than a 4 inch pair.
OK, so I must confess. This was more of a hypothetical question. I was just wondering how much better a speaker cable would have to be if it were twice as long as needed. I have appreciated Erik's questions in the past on non-specific product topics. So, generally speaking, does doubling the needed length (with a better cable) come out to about the same. Keep in mind you can't cut the better cable in half, and therefore have your cake and eat it too.
I'm just trying to "poll" the audience. Sorry for any confusion, and this post may actually make it even more confusing.
Mapleshade believes 8 ft is the ideal length for speaker cables. Some others also believe that shorter is not always better. Of course no agreement.