Interesting Fed Ex encounter...

So I was offered to do a little review on some Fritz Carreras last month and it was time to send them back.  I’m stuck at home with a broken leg so Fritz was kind enough to have Fed Ex pick them up at my home.  So, I had them all boxed up and ready to go on Tuesday. Fed Ex comes to the door and I have him come in and grab the box (he did not know what was in the box, just a plain u haul box).  I didn’t even think to ask if I had to sign or if I could get a receipt (mistake on my part no doubt).  Just me snapping a pic or taking a video would have been smart.  Fast forward to today (Friday) and apparently Fed Ex says they came on Tuesday, no one was home, so they came back Wednesday; no one home again so they cancelled the pick up.    Interestingly, fed ex did come back Wednesday and Mom answers the door and informs the Fed Ex gentleman that the package was picked up Tuesday.  The gentleman responds “hmmm, I was off Tuesday”.  
So as of today, Fed Ex apparently has no record of anything being picked up.  Well crap, I’m freaking out, Fritz is concerned obviously and I’m at a loss.  So I start texting all my neighbors to see if anyone has something on camera and sure enough, my neighbor 2 doors down has time stamped video of fed ex pulling up, coming to my door and then struggling to carry the large, 65 pound box back to his truck...  

My neighbor forwarded me the video which I forwarded to Fritz...

My advice is to not let this happen to you and mg question is where do I go from here?

What a mess!
128x128b_limo
I'm a bit confused by this if Fritz scheduled a pickup they have a tracking number. Why don't they just use it and make sure the speakers are in the Fedex system and on their way?
@jond , that’s the thing, they aren’t in the system.  Fed Ex claims that the driver stated that no one was home when in fact I was, and my Mom was here too taking care of me because of a leg injury.  The driver did in fact pick up the box and my neighbor has it on his surveillance camera.  My neighbor forwarded me the video and I forwarded it to Fritz.  Unfortunately it is not the best video but it does show the driver leaving my house with a large heavy box and loading it into his truck.

Fritz and I are hoping that it just didn’t get scanned properly and is either in route or the warehouse.  We are giving the driver the benefit of the doubt right now.  We’ll know more on Monday but still, what a hassle 😞

If it weren’t for my neighbor having video it would be a sleepless weekend on my part.  I believe it will all be worked out Monday though 🤞
I had a similar situation. FedEx lost a preamp that was very expensive. It was shipped in a 110lb crate. I’ll give you the short story. The crate should’ve arrived in two days, after 6 days tracking showed it was on its way back to the city it was shipped from. Investigator and manager contacted and told me they would monitor the shipping until it arrived at my home. 2 weeks later still no crate. When I called customer service I was put on hold and then hung up on, several times. Finally I personally went down to the FedEx hub with the tracking number, explained what was going on, and the package was found in 15min. FedEx had already told me to fill out a claim form. If you don’t have insurance bonus for them. My advice see if Fritz has a tracking number and make a visit to the hub and speak to a manager. Over the phone FedEx had the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. In person totally different behavior attitude. FedEx employees will tell you that the hubs are in a state of chaos since Covid 19 and all the shipping and new employees. They have one section of the hub for packages misplaced and not scanned for delivery. Good luck.