Wow an old album that rocked your world

I know this is a Hifi forum but isn’t it about the music as well. Has anyone recently played a
Vinyl, disc or whatever you are into. One that you forgot was so good and totally was blown away by the music and the recording? If so share it with us. Mine was Mahavishnu orchestra Birds of Fire. Have not listened to that for some time. Wow. FORGOT HOW GOOD THAT WAS. 
This is what Hifi is all about IMO. 
schmitty1
The eponymous "It's a Beautiful Day" (first pressing by Columbia Records; not the "San Francisco Sounds" reissue). I attended two of the original group's concerts (one with Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band at The Fox West Coast Theater (an abandoned movie venue) in the LA area circa 1973): that was the most memorable concert I witnessed in that era. The first time I heard that album...well, no details need be publicly recounted.
imnop,
Great choice. The first Pretenders album is unmatched! From the moment I heard "Precious" for the first time, my heart almost stopped. I saw them during that period at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia, and it was just an exiting experience. I still listen to it on a regular basis.

James Honeyman Scott was a great loss, as was Pete Farndon... both heroin tragedies.

tvad9

Trick of the Tail is just about the top of my list also. I remember the night, after getting home at midnight from 2’nd shift in our local factory, that I first took that album of of the sleeve and put it on my Marantz turntable. I had never heard Genesis before. Someone at work had recently went to their concert ( I was ask to go and didn’t) and I picked up an album "just because". I couldn’t turn it up because of neighbors ,, so I put my headphones on. What I heard was SO DIFFERENT. At the time, so unusual. Kind of dark and misty but so so addictive. Their next one Wind and Weathering is stellar also, but Trick of the Tail takes the prize

For you Pretenders guys, and if you have a multi channel system, pick up Pretenders Live in LA. You will Love it. It's mixed really well and is a killer concert.

John Mayall  Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton.

I had collected together a pile of this album over the years.
Sold them all except my original English mono pressing, it is an amazing sound.