Pure Audio Project open baffle speakers

http://www.pureaudioproject.com/

Has anyone out there tried these?

They sound intriguing 

Are there any/many got-ya's like room size, speaker placement in room, amp size/type etc...

A friend tried DIY open baffle a couple of years ago and they were quite large

My problem at the time was the amount of space I had available. I have since moved into a new house with a much larger listening area - 17' x 42' with 8 ft ceiling

Thanks for any input - Cheers

williewonka
OB speaker enthusiasts comprise a large segment of the DIY speaker community. There is lots of info available about OB design on the GR Research AudioCircle Forum. 
You need to know what your goal is. Otherwise you are just going down the rabbit hole. 
I agree with the spatial recommendation. A fair comparison to the PAP would be the X series.

Oz

Emerald Physics Open Baffle have won many awards. My 3 years experience with their KCIIs (with WireWorld and Clarity Cap upgrades) is joyful. At under 48" tall they blow away my Magnepan 3.5Rs (6ft+) and are a very easy load to drive @ 95 dB+: MSRP < $2000. EP has a number of other models in this line. Since my room is a good bit bigger than most, I am in high anticipation of receiving the 2.8s with 2 @ 15" carbon fiber woofers and 12" concentric carbon fiber midranges per side MSRP $9999, includes shipping
I'm sure they go very loud which is impressive but it does not mean the sound quality is good. In their favor is that the woofers become very directional along with the horn which is directional. This would limit room interaction nicely. The cross over point here is critical. They have to keep that horn out of trouble but you want to get away from those woofers as soon as you can. The very low bass is going to be very confused. I would cross over to a sealed sub at 100 Hz.