Audiophile Albums....Yes indeed

128x128artemus_5
Right. There is no record worth that kind of money.  But hey, if the guy can earn a living this way why not? I have so many classical and jazz from this era that are amazing pressings I guess I just have not interest.
I have also heard some amazing high rez files of older classical recordings that have been re mastered for digital, $20.00. I would rather 
have 15 new recordings than one. 
As for the other issue, problems have solutions which are usually quite simple but they always offend somebody's sensibilities. Screw them. politicians have no interest in solving problems they will say a do whatever they think will maintain their lock on power. Forget about educating the public. They prefer to keep us stupid. They are all a-- h----
of the highest order. All of them. The situation we find ourselves in is a prime example.
The main entry for me were the albums themselves which sell for $300 -$3k. Only an audiophile board is appropriate for such things IMO

Record collectors are NOT audiophiles, only some of them, collecting records and audiophilia are two different things. There’re millions of vintage records that cost now hundreds or thousands dollars (for 1xLP or 1x45) on the used market. The prices only goes up in time. It must be a rare record if the price is so high. Collectors does’t care about re-issues, they do care about original pressings. On the used market we have what we have, rare records are extremely expensive.

popsike.com is the site to check auction finals with prices for records.

Record collectors, those guys who sitting on many thousand rare LPs and 45s, will pay more for one record than for any piece of audio equipment.

It is crazy that a piece of plastic goes up in price from $2 to $2000 in 40 years, but it must be something very rare and unique for knowledgeable people like record collectors. The quality of pressing is the last thing to care for them. It is true. Many private pressings from the 60s, 70s are bad quality or an average, sometimes very good ... But it’s a piece of history, it can be one and only release made by some band, it is very important for someone who cares.

Recreating vinyl pressing process for the best possible quality on the new re-issue is very good idea, but this is definitely for audiophiles, not for record collectors. Anything made for audiophiles is expensive by default. Even those average 180g re-issues from the digital copy pretending to be "better than original" are expensive.

There is no record worth that kind of money.

I used to think so too myself. Then I discovered Hot Stampers
https://www.better-records.com/search_adv.aspx?sp=white+hot&option=s_name&min_price=1&ma...

I know you're familiar with my system. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367#&gid=1&pid=8
Now imagine: I went to all this trouble, paid all this money, to ... what? To play crap? To at the last second cheap out on crap records? No thanks.

I don't know about this stuff the Times writer is talking about. Fremer I would, but the Times guy is such a moron he doesn't give us Fremer's take. Anyway I'm clear on the Times being a joke. Hot Stampers though, whole other story. Totally worth that kind of money.
Michael Fremer's comment about this article and about negative comments HERE