Audiophile Albums....Yes indeed

128x128artemus_5
lewm,

"And maybe you get one of Mr Hutchinson’s beard hairs for free in the bargain."
I had similar thought. If someone is meticulously doing the work, wouldn’t covering the beard be a good idea? Be it for hair, or dust, or whatever else that may be falling out of there? Just in case.

By the way, how did you guys read that whole article? I saw a picture and a few sentences and then it told me I needed the subscription.
The most interesting in this article (and i didn't expect it) is that a guy behind Peacefrog label who pressed electronic dance music for decades in the 90's finally dug his father's vintage records. 

This is a natural progress for a person who owned a label before, he's been making records for the masses, now it's about passion and high-fidelity, a new label, totally different concept, i like it. 

When some rare original pressings cost $300 each easily (on ebay or discogs or from a private sellers) i am not surprises that someone willing to pay similar price for something special. I never heard about his label before and i have no idea how good they are, but audiophiles often pay a lot for the quality (even if it's the same record they already have, just better pressing:) 

But i know for sure that small reissue labels often have no clue about fidelity, they could use another record as a source (not a master tape) and they can license from the survived band member. Many reissues of some great artrists are very bad in terms of quality comparing to the originals, but the originals sometime impossible to find. 

Quality is a problem, this is why i do not buy reissues if i can find an original for affordable price.

This guy is going to the extreme, but all for the quality, i like this attitude.

Miller, 
Silver is silver. But there is mined silver and melted down silver from reclamation sources. Just saying. 
But maybe there is a difference, as in all things make a difference. 
@best-groove

the "search" function has existed for a long time so as not to make mistakes

Yer statement is more ridiculous than saying water is wet.  No one searches for a statement which has been made prior, before posting a statement. If they did, the your post is as much a "mistake as mine, since someone has made that statement prior to you. Now I'm sorry if that is over your head. But since we're all here to be smart asses, I figure it must be my turn. I can remember A time in my 20 years here that smart asses were not the norm as they seem to be today.

@millercarbon et al. The main entry for me were the albums themselves which sell for $300 -$3k. Only an audiophile board is appropriate for such things IMO