Floored by Beatles "White Album" Reissue

I bought a sealed copy of this reissue, and it's the most quiet four slabs of vinyl I've ever heard. Sound quality is as good, or better than any other vinyl I can remember hearing. Along with the double White Album, included is the "Esher" demos recorded at George Harrison's recording studio.

All the songs are played with acoustic guitars. Incredibly good sound, and hearing them play so many songs without all the studio effects make you realize just how good those guys really were. I've been wanting a new copy of this music since 1972, when my house burned down, along with my vinyl collection. This set was worth waiting for. Also, for some reason, I kept thinking of Art Dudley, and the influence he had on my changing my system to a return to analog, and the switch to tube amps and preamps, and speakers that would allow that to happen. Best night of music listening I can remember hearing, ever.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
This thread has rekindled interest in putting the White album further up my long list when bin diving.

After taking my Capitol issue for a spin(which is quite good), I REALLY want to find the elusive 68 mono.

I enjoy the Giles SP, but I have a clean Capitol, and it still has a more organic presentation that's noticeable even to the SO and her friends. I've never heard the reissue mono, so can't comment on that one.

Something about most reissues on my system is tonality of bass. Always seems bumped up and "overly lumpy"

Just my unqualified observation on my normal fi setup.
Man oh man I read this earlier, I'm cleaning out the basement two days ago, what did I find, Abbey Road, The White Album, and Rubber Soul.
40 years ago, last time they were used. Still pretty good shape. Ok let me knock the dust off the ol' Russco(s).

Regards
That's a great find, 'olhvymec. You're an 'olhvymec, I'm an old hvy machinery breaker. Both trades were hard work, and hard on the body.

Enjoy your equipment, enjoy the music, and stay well (home).

BR,
Dan
Couldn’t agree more. The 2019 White Album sounds so great.  But I bought the non deluxe version without the Esther demos...
the escher demos in good quality is the only reason to buy this set.i hate the martin jr reimaginings.sonically, the 2014 mono remaster sounds much better, pure analogue goodness !