Non-transferable warranties?

Recently I considered buying a previously owned Schiit dac only to discover (directly from Schiit) that their product warranties are non-transferable. This was surprising and disappointing as the policy compromises resale and resale value.

Is anyone aware of other audio companies whose warranties are non-transferable?

pmboyd
No manufacturer of new automobiles, SUVS, trucks or other motor vehicles will extend new warrantees to those who purchase used, preowned, or otherwise previously registered and titled vehicles with the exception of a dealer "demo" or on a factory certified used vehicle but that is not a new warrantee that is a warrantee on a used car with often extended mileage as a consequence and result. 
Post removed 
I recently had to get service on my Bryston BDP-2. Not only was I at least the third owner, but my unit was slightly outside the warranty window. They fixed it for no charge including return shipping. I've owned a number of Bryston pieces over the years and they have been more reliable than average and Bryston has consistently offered exceptional service and support. 
Post removed 
Automobile warranties are only transferrable because DOT rules require automobiles to be tracked by VIN, not by name. It's not out of inherent goodness on the part of auto manufacturers.