Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Beetle - No, No I didn’t mean it!JA - Ray is a good idea.All - I continued my comparisons re cabling and noticed a deep bass rumble / congestion with the C arrangement: ++ and --, taped together for close parallel run. Rather than side by side, I put each speaker individually against the corner fill and compared measurements. C had a 10dB rise below 30Hz to the cut-off at 10Hz compared to B, which continued its normal bass rolloff. I confirmed with listening in that corner position. Now, a bass reflex cabinet is rolling off at 24db/octave. There must be powerful resonant mojo in that cable configuration to produce that much deep bass. Anyhow, the B - separated runs - sounds cleaner and more articulate.I’ll repeat this morning and scratch my head.
vair68robert
I enjoy reading about your Cabling project as well. The Panel,  has quite a few DIY guys here. Keep up the excellent work and have fun!

Happy Listening!
beetlemania
Are you using those Ayre wood blocks under your gear? If so, how do you have it configured?  Good to read that you are engaging tweaks to your system as well.
Happy Listening!
@tomthiel

Sir , you are going way beyond anything I would have imagined ,
I never expected to have created this much curiosity ,
let alone you taking time to actually set up tests that can be measured .

Straight wire's original configuration balances the yin and yan
( just as every manufacture tries to with their different designs )
within one cable as you measured in configuration A
and when they are used in your C configuration
maybe that balance is lost ? 
Maybe a similar measurement might happen if you taped the 2 cables together in configuration A ?

While I'm retired from over 30 years in repairing medical equipment 
where a resistor is just a resistor and a capacitor is just a capacitor 
this " Audiophile " world has a lot of VooDoo magic ,
I'm having more fun than I imagined or can measure , ha ha .

brayeagle
Hope that you are well this Spring. Good to see you here, as always.
Happy Listening!