Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel
Thank You for the continued history lessons. Looking forward in reading about your report after consulting Steven Hill and George Cardas.Have you given thought about Ray Kimber?

Happy Listening!
We chose the final 9" to 12", depending on which driver, to be left untwisted. Something about how the wire-fields were interacting with the "pot of soup" made that configuration sound better. 
Oh, great! Now I’m going to have nervosa about how it might sound if I untwist everything! LOL
Beetle - No, No I didn’t mean it!JA - Ray is a good idea.All - I continued my comparisons re cabling and noticed a deep bass rumble / congestion with the C arrangement: ++ and --, taped together for close parallel run. Rather than side by side, I put each speaker individually against the corner fill and compared measurements. C had a 10dB rise below 30Hz to the cut-off at 10Hz compared to B, which continued its normal bass rolloff. I confirmed with listening in that corner position. Now, a bass reflex cabinet is rolling off at 24db/octave. There must be powerful resonant mojo in that cable configuration to produce that much deep bass. Anyhow, the B - separated runs - sounds cleaner and more articulate.I’ll repeat this morning and scratch my head.
vair68robert
I enjoy reading about your Cabling project as well. The Panel,  has quite a few DIY guys here. Keep up the excellent work and have fun!

Happy Listening!
beetlemania
Are you using those Ayre wood blocks under your gear? If so, how do you have it configured?  Good to read that you are engaging tweaks to your system as well.
Happy Listening!