Magico vs the world

Everywhere I look I only see people (end users and professional reviewers) raving about magico. Build quality, incredible sound, etc... everyone just loves them, especially the modern series, A3, M series, S series (mk2 variant). It is impressive for sure. But I am curious, what speakers have you heard that you compared to magico that you like as much or maybe even better?
smodtactical
Yeah those GE speakers are so good that you can put them haphazardly anywhere in the room and achieve excellent sound. One right next to your chair and the other somewhere in front of you (location not important)............
     I happened to hear a demo at a local dealer of the Magic A3s being driven by a Mark Levinson 5805 integrated with hi-res digital files as a source.       I noticed the glass smooth midrange and treble mentioned by Eric, not as powerful but I thought better and more natural bass than the SF Strads and excellent imaging with a wide and deep soundstage illusion.
     I’m a big Magnepan fan and thought the A3s sounded very close to as smooth as my 3.7is on the midrange, treble and imaging.  Those were their most surprising qualities to me.

Tim
Last time I heard an A3 they sounded bottom heavy in a Spinal Tap'ing way, but it might have been the rest of the system.  Moving up the Magico line, I'd detour to the Vivid path.