Subwoofer insight.

This is new territory to me. Current speakers are 2 way with frequency response of 60Hz-20KHz with +/- 2dB.  Sensitivity rated as 86dB. Chance to purchase a pair of REL 7 tis. I feel like I am missing something but will have to buy the subs to try out. My basic question is this. Does this purchase sound wise? I know what I am willing to spend but do you think I will notice an appreciable improvement.  I know that no one can listen through my ears but this is my first time doing this. Source is 75 watt integrated tube amp, McIntosh MA-2275. Thoughts appreciated. I am leaning towards going forward with the deal but would appreciate some feedback. Room is large and open, 28X38 feet with 9 foot ceilings. Thanks for any feedback.
ricmci
Sorry that I do not have anything useful for the op at this time. I am just curious as to how Millercarbon has 5 subs hooked up? What type of connections are used?
The Speakon connectors on REL subs may be superb but they are still just old timey high level speaker jacks underneath the pomp and circumstance.
I take a high level output into 2 RELs from a 12wpc (or so) single ended tube amp and it works perfectly...for years...perfectly.
ever measured a voltage sweep in to the subs?

unless the speakers are resistors or crossover-less, I'll wager it's not flat.