Cary Audio CAD-280SA V12R

Anyone heard one of these? from R to I series upgrade? I'm looking for an amp
that sounds great, but able to use 6L6s - KT90s.  Single Ended or Push-Pull.
This seems to be pretty easy to swap drivers for signature change, currently
has EL34 valves, Red Rubies? stockers. 
FR from 20hz - 23KHZ, really great specs, fully balanced.
Anyone know about these V12s
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
With what I'm doing and listening too, the Stock Ruby sound a lot better than before, 12bz7 and EH EL84 with the old Audio 1 didn't work.
With a12ax7 or 12az7, Mullard el84, El34s or KT88 yes. NOW ..after the cap change it's really gone up a notch on SQ, they were very sonicly gifted before, now. Even easier to revoice and no signal tubes, the 12at or az work with all the power valves...Using 6l6s right now, not sure on that one, need 8 more valves, to get a good feel. 6V6s are on the way, surplus sovex, NOS...
I have some RCA BP, but I hate to use top notch, if so so will do. This machine really has the ability to use ok tubes and make them sound really good...Great engineering. Wonder what the mono blocks are like?
These are plenty powerful. BUT I'm use to 300+ with the VTLs.  Never used it but they drove everything I use very well..

I did a PC swap a few days back... 3 copper/silver mill speck teflon poly vinyl cover #10s and 1 # 10 ms copper, did a weave. Worked very well
sounds just as good, as MITs that are broke in just off the bench... Light NOT FLEXIBLE.. I like it...
Really good coupling caps  do influence the outcome. After I did mine on my former V12R and now current Mono Tube amps, I could THEN truly hear the differences with input/output tube changes -and- interconnect changes too.
I had the R and you want the R version in my opinion.  Also, decooney is correct. Good luck!
Is there a version before I and R, and still a V12? I know where there is a  6922 version (thought it was the I), I guess it's an "I".  Is there  something before that? Early or late I.  I read the gain is different. the transformers are better and a sokey (sp) in the "R" and the signal tube upgrade 6922 to 12xxx series.

Just wondering.. There is a pair of monos for 5000.00 in the Ukraine.
Nice but too much.  I'd love another stereo V12R.at a good price. I'll keep my eye out... Tinkerfest...

Regards

Yes. Three versions.   Early V12, then V12i for 'Inspired",  & V12R for "Race".  Most "R" models were Red chassis.  The "R" had the larger "Blue Wire" transformer and the change on input tubes, the 6922 to 12BZ7 in particular. Some people sent in the "I" models to be upgraded and converted to the R version.  Upgrading the R further was even better.