Recommended Speaker List for Atma-Sphere OTL Amplifiers.

OK, I am not sure how many times this has been disscused but the information is found all over the forum. I would possible love to compile a list here.

I personally own the Classic Audio Loudspeakers T1.5

I am now looking to build a second room with the M60 Mono Blocks and MP-3 Pre-amp.

Would love fellow audiogon memebers posting any feedback with speakers they have used with these Amazing OTL sounding Amplifiers.
dragon_vibe
Thank you, I asked because I can't comment on the 300B SET as I haven't had a chance to compare one on my system, I have a PSET in which I tried many different tubes combinations (not 300B) and when it starts clipping and distorting is not very pleasant, still better than a SS but obviously distorted. The Atmas on the other hand (and this is not apples to apples as I have MA-1s) are wonderful driving 10 ohm speakers.
If you are listening to low volume the PSET is pretty good.
thanks guys for answering in this older thread. 

luisma31 thank you for the tube quantity information. 

I believe the M60 Mk2’s i’m looking at have the mk3 upgrade already if not I’ll send them to Atmos for the upgrade. 

AudioTroy thanks for that quick comparison that makes sense to me after owning the Finale Audios 300b’s great amps, but they never left me with the feeling they were doing the speakers justice I had at the time (living voice speakers only 94db, I've since been experimenting with horns). 

I've owned and enjoyed a few ProAc models over the years as well so nice to know they are a good match. (older ones anyway). 

thanks all I've texted my friend and going ahead with the buy. consider me M60's owner. 

Now to decide if to keep my preamp or move to a balanced Pre. I have a completely redon Sansui CA 2000 that has every cap -diode - and various other things replaced. Its surprisingly good sounding now.  Its actually down right amazing now, with so much flexibility I forgot how much I missed some of the things old preamps had). 

But a simple Schiit Freya + may satisfy the balanced proposition on the short term as a reasonable cost alternative. I also have a balanced Schiit multi bit DAC Gumbi and Gold Note PH10 phono stage that's also balanced that may move me to a whole balanced system, well mostly my tuner isn't balanced. 

Cheers all

Glen
Keep in mind the m60 have 8 power tubes vs 14 on the ma1 so you are accounting for 60 percent or so of the ma1 power, which is IMO sufficient
Ask Ralph Karsten of atmasphere about your speakers, pre etc he is very helpful even on used equipment, my opinion is irrelevant here, if you like to listen to music at high volume the m60 might not be enough
Schiit products are simply not in the same league as your M 60s. Kind of like putting low octane in a performance car. I think you would be better served by Ralph's entry level preamp (only single ended) than anything made by Schiit.
I somewhat agree with the above comment, except to add that the Schiit Freya is certainly in a class by itself as an amazingly engineered and excellent sounding truly balanced tube (or not, your choice) preamp with more features and flexibility than anything out there. USA made and costing around 900 bucks. Designed by brilliant engineers. Classy.