Add an external DAC. Make my Oppo UDP-205 a true top player

I am not sold on my Oppo UDP-205 audio reproduction.  .  It plays all formats, but audio needs improvement.   Looking for audiophiles that have felt the same a bought a DAC..  Which one did you buy.  What works really well?
dcaudio
I am extremely happy with my Modwright Oppo 205. It has a very good DAC to begin with and after Dan hot rods the output stage it’s killer.

You don't mention a budget, but neither do you specify in what respects the Oppo is lacking.  Resolution?  Air? Warmth?  Spatiality?

There are dozens, no, hundreds, of DACs out there that will take you in one or more of those directions.

The 205 is great for a multichannel.  Lots of better 2 channel DACs out there.  For 2 channel, my Chord Hugo has it beat.
If you want a precision hand build dac by an expert in digital
loaded withThe best hot ridden parts 
and classic R2R dac Analog devises 1865K and a Ton-of other great things with The latest DualFemto clocks 
with  best warranty inthe business .
5 year warranty and a 45 day return policy it is that good  Mojo Audio.
I have an Oppo UDP-203; I think the only difference between that and the 205 is the DAC.  I'm bypassing the built-in DAC by connecting the coax output to a PS Audio DirectStream DAC.  I really like the DirectStream; it's very noticeably better than the DAC in the Oppo.