Are all red book cd transports created equal?

Quite simply the transport on my rega Jupiter is failing and I have an old pdr-19rw pioneer elite that has the same digital output. In theory bits are bits right? Should I swap them out or will the old unit sound as inferior as all those original cd’s did?
128x128steve59
I see no point in engaging folks who speaks from ignorance.
Contradictions/oxymoron , so why engage me, seems you you don’t know which way is up🤦‍♂️

Open your mind my friend and go listen to a decent streaming setup at your friend’s place or a dealer.
Don’t have to, they bring there streaming stuff here and put it in my system, and then are shocked when the same is played on my CD transport. So go peddle yourself🤦‍♂️

I am a fuse adopter with a digital front end. My system has combination of SR Black’s and HiFi Tuning Supreme Au/Ag and Cu Fuses.

And real rich coming from a fuser

Interesting how a simple question can lead to controversy!
@steve59 in answer to your question: get yourself a reasonably good player, preferably used, and use the transport function, teac have good transports btw— or do as suggested above, buy a reasonably priced transport.
Later on you'll will probably migrate to a music library & streaming, but for now, enjoy your music.

Interesting how a simple question can lead to controversy!
Look who started it, a fuser 🤷‍♂️
“Don’t have to, they bring there streaming stuff here and put it in my system, and then are shocked when the same is played on my CD transport.“

Thanks for the laughs...enjoy your boombox 😆
If you have a decent DAC, the Cambridge transport (circa $350-400) is an excellent choice.  I use one, plus a Bryston BDA-2 in the secondary system.  
If  you want superb Redbook playback, the Bryston BCD-3 is a superb player spinner, although a bit pricey.