Thiel CS 3.6 amplifier selection Monarchy SM 70?

Hello, I have seen a number of threads here dealing with the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers and how they require specific, high powered solid state amplification to sound decent. I know this and am now shopping for a single power amp or set of two mono SS power amps in the 1000-2000$ price level.

Currently I am intrigued with the idea of getting a "Made in USA" amp from a reputable company. I am about to call Odyssey about their Stratos stereo amp with the upgrades. I like that it has a 20 year warranty and that the company is located in Indianapolis - close enough to my Dayton Ohio home that I could drive over there if I needed to.

But then I started looking at the Monarchy SM 70 Pro (new edition) on the Monarchy Audio website. I like the look
masi61
Ckoffend, regretfully Jim is no longer with us. Shari left the firm a few years ago.
Masi61, I don't think the Monarchy SM70 is up to properly driving the 3.6's.
I agree with Unsound, I have driven 3.6 with classe 200 and Mcintosh 501's and the extra power really made them sing.
Unsound, thanks for that follow up. I was not aware that Jim is "no longer with us". I can't believe Shari has been gone a few years (I mean I believe you, but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I actually talked to her on the phone - once). Maybe in my age my memory is failing me already, but I'll still vote for Reagan for a second term ;)
Masi61, you might consider the Monarchy SE100s or SE160s; a pair of either will stretch your budget but not much. I have no personal experience with Monarchy products, but I've just ordered a pair of SM70Ps.
The SE100 is hybrid, with a 6DJ8 in the frontend and class-A-biased MOSFET outputs.