Bare cartridge design, Sumiko Blackbird Low Output

I need a cartridge to fill in while my other one is stuck up in NJ. (SS Zephyr mkiii)
I am interested in the Blackbird but I am not familiar with a bare design.

What do I need to know about this design, and does this make the cart more or less susceptible to issues such as static etc?

Thanks for the input.
lps4eloise
Chakster, although they are a bit better protected than the naked LOMC types, several of our beloved MI and MM cartridges also place the cantilever in jeopardy. And yet I have never damaged one in handling. Also, I have owned two van den Hul LOMC cartridges without incident. Just because you don’t like the set up doesn’t mean other people might not be able to use it and enjoy it without breaking it. Whether to buy a blackbird is quite another issue. On that score I have nothing to say.
On the plus side, their "bare" build makes them very easy to set up for optimum performance. Enjoy the music
@lewm you're professional and your experience with different cartridge must be great. I have stupidly destroyed one cartridge and another one has been destroyed by a visitor, s**t happens. Personally i would never buy such cartridges, i am more comfortable with traditional design when a cantilever located under the cartridge body. 

@tooblue yes, this is probably a benefit, but they can be destroyed during alignment process, we often read comments how difficult to setup a cartridge (for some people). It's about experience. 
@chakster , " it's about experience ", which I have a lot of. The only cartridge I ever destroyed was a Sumiko Blue point thirty years ago and it had nothing to do with set up, but you are right, schiit happens. Enjoy the music
I'm with chakster on this, that cart is way to easy to damage with virtually everything exposed. I just had a Denon DL-103 installed in a wood body and that thing makes me nervous to handle. Not used to mounting a cart without a stylus guard in place either.

BillWojo