Thiel CS 3.6 amplifier selection Monarchy SM 70?

Hello, I have seen a number of threads here dealing with the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers and how they require specific, high powered solid state amplification to sound decent. I know this and am now shopping for a single power amp or set of two mono SS power amps in the 1000-2000$ price level.

Currently I am intrigued with the idea of getting a "Made in USA" amp from a reputable company. I am about to call Odyssey about their Stratos stereo amp with the upgrades. I like that it has a 20 year warranty and that the company is located in Indianapolis - close enough to my Dayton Ohio home that I could drive over there if I needed to.

But then I started looking at the Monarchy SM 70 Pro (new edition) on the Monarchy Audio website. I like the look
masi61
How big is your room?

I have owned the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers since they were released, and the idea that they need a SS high-powered amp, I have found to be a croc-of-crap. It's a shortcoming of the amp.

The problem with these Thiels is that they hum along between 2.5 to 4.0 ohms. There's the power problem.

I have a tube amp that was custom built with a 3-ohm tap, and the Thiels play as loud as I want. My amp puts out 28 watts/ch triode. I have a small to medium size room.
Thanks, the plot thickens...
If nothing else, this process has been very educational.
I respectfully disagree with Kenny. Sure you'll get sounds from the Thiels with such an amp, but you won't get all the Thiels are capable of unless you get a more appropriate amp for the speakers.
Having owned thiels, I gotta agree with Unsound on this one. I too have run tubes into the Thiels via low ohm taps (4 to be precise, while not quite 3). At more than twice the power Kenny references, it was clear to me that the power available was not enough to drive the Thiels properly. I could get good volume no doubt, but the performance was not the same - no offense intended.

I think you are moving in a better direction with the Odyssey's, FWIW. Since it sounds like you may also consider used, your list can be opened up quite a bit. Why not call Jim or the new, knowledgeable lady over at Thiel (I forget her name, but she is pretty helpful). They can help point you in a good direction, just let them know your budget and goals.
Ckoffend, regretfully Jim is no longer with us. Shari left the firm a few years ago.