Do audiophiles have a high divorce rate?

Somebody told me yesterday that a study that looked at personality traits of people who got divorced found that people who were picky and difficult to satisfy were over-represented in the divorce population.

That got me thinking: picky and difficult to satisfy -- that doesn't sound like any of us, does it?

From your observations, do you think that audiophiles might have a higher divorce rate than the general population because of certain personality characteristics?

Just hoping my hypothesis is wrong.

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil
Audiophiles tend to be better off than the rest of the population. I'm betting lower divorce rate. 10 years so far.
I’ve been married for 46 years! Happily married for 6 months... and just think I could have been out of prison by now... only kidding, couldn’t resist.

My wife tolerates my obsession since I had it before we met. I was making Heathkits back then and worked at Radio Shack!

I still have a difficult time sneaking my latest purchase into the household even after all these years.

But, if she didn’t restrain me, I know I would spend much more on my system/obsession.

ozzy
I had what I call a practice marriage for a short time in the early 80's.  I've been married 33 years.  Practice make perfect! 
I stopped getting married in the 80's and my divorce rate is zero since then.
For the hard core audiophile I think it depends on the room.

Shared music room  - will contribute to the chances of divorce. 

A dedicated music room (aka) panic room - could save your marriage.