Do audiophiles have a high divorce rate?

Somebody told me yesterday that a study that looked at personality traits of people who got divorced found that people who were picky and difficult to satisfy were over-represented in the divorce population.

That got me thinking: picky and difficult to satisfy -- that doesn't sound like any of us, does it?

From your observations, do you think that audiophiles might have a higher divorce rate than the general population because of certain personality characteristics?

Just hoping my hypothesis is wrong.

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil
I’ve been married for 46 years! Happily married for 6 months... and just think I could have been out of prison by now... only kidding, couldn’t resist.

My wife tolerates my obsession since I had it before we met. I was making Heathkits back then and worked at Radio Shack!

I still have a difficult time sneaking my latest purchase into the household even after all these years.

But, if she didn’t restrain me, I know I would spend much more on my system/obsession.

ozzy
I had what I call a practice marriage for a short time in the early 80's.  I've been married 33 years.  Practice make perfect! 
I stopped getting married in the 80's and my divorce rate is zero since then.
For the hard core audiophile I think it depends on the room.

Shared music room  - will contribute to the chances of divorce. 

A dedicated music room (aka) panic room - could save your marriage.