You could work for any manufacturer, past or present...

If you had a chance to work with anyone related to audio, pro or home, spend time in the workshop, go to the shows and sell it, who would it be?

erik_squires
I met Paul Klipsch in 1978 or 1979 and sold a lot of his speakers, though they were not my personal favorites, they were basic, very well made and not a single purchaser wanted to return the speakers after the sale.

Paul was an interesting guy.  He had multiple wrist watches on his arms, each set to a different time zone.  He was also a very curious guy.

I do remember how many manufacturers had these very complicated dealer agreements, demanding certain display and stocking levels, etc.  Paul basically had a credit agreement, you agreed to pay for the inventory he shipped to you within 30 days, none of all of those other demands the other manufacturers put on their dealers.
My Dad would be number one. He was an architect and I pass by many of his designs today that still stand the test of time. He was very creative and original for his time. I only helped him out for a few months for a summer back in high school.

Second would be Ed Duda who was one of the designers of the Lafayette KT-550 tube power amplifier. Mine still kicks ass! I was getting around to meeting with him a few years ago but he was sick and passed before I could meet up with him. R.I.P Ed!

Happy Listening.
Irving Fried and Earl Geddes. I worked with the latter for a little while.

Might be fun to do a controlled-pattern constant-directivity speaker system with a transmission-line woofer and a first-order series crossover.

Duke
Wow!! Talk about feeling out of place. I never have wanted to build electronics nor work with anyone who did. I respect them and their work. But my focus is solely on the music itself. For me, music is not a hobby but a lifestyle. I love listening to it and playing it (drummer/vocalist).

Bill Watkins is the only designer I know. (knew). I met him in his store while looking for speakers. My 1st impression was, "What does this old guy know about stereo?" I soon learned that it was quite a lot. And it shows with his new Gen 4 speakers. Bill had a great opportunity to sell me some speakers that day. Yet he chose to diagnose the problem I had and  fix it which was not a money maker for him. He had my respect from then on. He was honest and a straight shooter. I would have worked for him but only to help market his equipment. You see, Bill was a straight shooter in a world where many enjoy being fed a line of BS.

i think he played music too. Music has been a love affair for me since I was 8 yrs old. At 69 yr old now, I came along at the perfect time to see a revolution in music. They were fabulous times with lots of cutting edge things going on, both with the music & the equipment which it was played.
@artemus_5

Wow!! Talk about feeling out of place

Please don’t make this weird. ;-)

We just talk mostly about hardware on this forum, so if you think of a car forum, I’d love to work for Ferrari in the early days. That’s why we got here.

If you want to talk bands you’d like to have toured with, that makes a great topic for a new forum in the Music section.