Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel

Thank You for the continued Thiel history lessons. Good to read that you are having fun with the 02 model. Spring,  is just around the corner.

Happy Listening!

jserio

Nice catch. Hope those 3.6 speakers find the next good home.

Happy Listening!

R. I. P. McCoy Tyner. 
I was first properly introduced to jazz by a stereotypically whacky high school English teacher who loved Hemingway and possessed a pretty decent physical resemblance to him. One night after retiring from a local pub we went back to his house to listen to some non-juke box music. I don’t remember the manufacturer of his tube setup - it was matched - but the speakers were Dahlquist DQ-10’s. The first record we listened to was Charlie Parker, the second was McCoy Tyner. 
This was also my introduction to “real” tubed equipment; even though the console stereo in my house was tube driven, this was the first time I had ever seen an amp and preamp rig. Stereo!

I bring this particular episode of my often wayward youth into this thread solely because the sound left an indelible imprint on my brain. I was then a stereo receiver guy, into Zep, The Who,  the usual suspects mucking about at the time. 

The connection made between sonics and musicianship absolutely opened my mind to genres other than rock. Having a stereo that could do justice to music became something of a quest that would take me decades to fulfill. 

The first speakers to help me attain that?

@oblgny

Thanks for sharing. I, too, remember my high school music theory teacher, Mr. Yankee. Very well educated, slightly quirky guy who seemed like he just wanted an excuse to hang out with the guys (went to an all boys private school), shoot the crap  and listen to music all day. Plus, he listened to EVERYTHING & made sure to share something different with us every class we had.

Anyway, I will always remember him not for the songs we listened to, nor the lessons he taught, but always for this quote he gave us. One day, during class, after we had just finished listening to “In My Life” by The Beatles, he looked up from his desk and told the class:

”Gentlemen...all the great songs and all the great music have already been written.”

This was my sophomore year in 1987. Looking back now and seeing what passes for music these days for so many people, I have to think that he was correct...

Arvin
A few weeks ago I brought up the question about what speaker cables 
Theil 2.7 owners use . I then looked back thru the many pages on this very popular forum and then researched the different manufactures and their offerings . 
I came to the conclusion that I couldn't afford even used cables 
that might or might not better my current Cardas Neutral Reference .
So I decided to take a chance and make my own .
After researching bulk cable available I had narrowed it down to 
Furutech , Oyaide and Cardas ,  here again price became an issue 
when it came to taking a chance .
I purchased 4 @ 6.5ft long 9.5awg Cardas wire and 4 pairs of 
Kimber spade connectors all for $249.00 + shipping .
I have to say I'm amazed , they did everything better ,
I have more bass than ever  ( size does matter ) 
more soundstage with the speakers seemingly disappearing .
I never heard Hearts Dreamboat Anne or 
Beethovens 3rd symphony by Solti w/CSO sound so good .
These will problably be that last speaker cables I own
( until I win the lottery ) .