It looks like a debate to me.

I'm more interested in hearing the viewpoints of people that have earned stripes in the audio industry rather than faceless hobbyists.  Am I alone in this?

https://imgur.com/V0iwWex
128x128fuzztone
Post removed 
This thread illustrates so well my love/hate relationship with this site, but also why I spend less and less time here. There are some people on this site who really know their stuff. I learn from them all the time. This thread has a bunch of those. But unfortunately it also has replies that are abusive to other members and ill-mannered. After enduring these for too long, I have decided to report abusive posts with the hope the moderator will put a stop to the abuse. I urge others to do the same, I have seen sites go South when the abuse gets out of hand and the trolls take over. The troll and abuse quotient of this site has multiplied considerably in the decade or so I have been a member. Judging by the replies of some to this thread, I am not alone in being frustrated by those who seem to have nothing better to do than hurl insults.

desktopguy
I'm not a "hobbyist." My love of music (which propels all my audio systems appreciation), has way more amplitude than that snarky word can convey.
What is it about the word "hobbyist" that you think is snarky? There are many more hobbyists in this group - and I'm one of them - than there are professionals. There's nothing wrong with that.
Oldguide...you can report all you want but keep in mind there's a tradition of free speech in some places, and to some a troll is anybody who doesn't agree with their particular point of view. Are you reporting anyone who seems passionate about something you disagree with? A self appointed judge of others is also a troll, and nobody needs to be looking over their shoulder to see if Oldguide the Church Lady is watching for tawdry posts.