It looks like a debate to me.

I'm more interested in hearing the viewpoints of people that have earned stripes in the audio industry rather than faceless hobbyists.  Am I alone in this?

https://imgur.com/V0iwWex
128x128fuzztone
Erik - of corse there is a lot more than time and phase... pistonic drivers, low diffraction, impulse, energy storage in the cone and cabinet, reflections from the magnet structure, the list is long ... like a series and patents since 1977
Ralph - yes of course, three positions all incorrect. And they all measure different. RM like you was about learning, the RM9 evolved to MK2, so on. I think some of your  amps are on MK3.3 ?

My reference amp has single ended output, 5 parts in the signal path, no emitter resistors, no global feedback , liquid cooling, analog circuits for bias and pump control , mechanical truss isolation, ten regulated supplies... and alas is as all things made by man, imperfect.
To review, it is a seminar. All are invited.
It is ONLY billed as "John Atkinson, a panel of pedigreed amplifier designers debate what matters most when it comes to amplifier sound quality."
Expounding on what most of us already know about distortions and hearing does not change that. It might devolve into meaningless hype. It might not.
You'll never know if you're not there because any subsequent reports will be "distorted."
I find the louder the voice in the audio industry, the more likely the stripes are painted on.
I stand by the intent of my original statement:

Amps seem to sound more sensitive to impedance issues to me than the math otherwise suggests.

Peace, @atmasphere

Best,

E