Need advice

Hey guys, been gone awhile. Question, my 1970's teenage nostalgia is prodding me to want to add a cassette deck to my system. Other than what I have been researching, I am pretty clueless and overwhelmed with what decks might be a good solid playback performer for me. I don't really have an interest in recording. I do like the vintage alum/wood look (my system is an eclectic mix anyway)...but that is not a must. At the end of the day it is about what will provide me mechanical dependability and good sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...PS..I need to stay on the moderate under 200.00 range if I can as this will not be a "main" piece.
mormark
Nakamichi only. Frankly I think you are out of your mind. The only reason I ever had a Cassette deck was to record tapes for the car otherwise other program sources sound much better either vinyl or digital. By Music!
Based on your budget, you probably can't go wrong with that $149 Marantz mentioned above. Spend the leftover $50 on cassettes from a local thrift store or used record store. Check to be sure the used cassettes still have the felt pressure pad, otherwise they won't play.
I use my Nakamichi deck to record some of my favorite LPs and play them in the car. The car stereo is a Mark Levinson sound system. All analog while cruising down the highway. 

Thrift stores are a great place for used cassettes. Be sure to buy only the premium tapes like those from Maxell and TDK. Use a pen or pencil to make sure the mechanisms work freely. Then get a bulk tape eraser from Radio Shack to erase the old information from the used tapes. It's kind of fun to play the tapes before you erase them though, just to see what the previous owner put on them. Pretty amazing how bad some of them are. Used tapes at the thrift stores usually go from between a quarter and fifty cents. 

Frank
Hey thanks everyone. Tons of good info and advice. 

Dear mijostyn, I AM out of my mind..but it's a fun trip. Actually I agree with you 100%..but it is exactly the snap,crackle, pop that this 57 yr old is nostalgic for...That edgy sound is like biting into one of grandma's homemade biscuits...just takes me back...plus I have 23, 21,15 yr old kids that are into my old stuff and they are eager to play with cassettes. 

Does anyone know anything about a NAD 6240? I heard they had a very good sound and were somewhat decently built. Again...I'm into playback not recording. 
Thanks